Slow The Flow was set up to look at the issue of why and how the Calder Valley floods, following the catastrophic events of Boxing Day 2015, and to look at natural flood prevention measures and solutions to slow the volume of water which comes down the hillsides into the River Calder in West Yorkshire.
We have subsequently grown to become a nationally recognised charity leading on Natural Flood Management (NFM) and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) interventions. Repeatedly called upon to comment by local and national media we seek to promote the cause of working with natural processes to mitigate some of the impacts of an increasingly erratic climate, specifically flooding.
We are a strong team of volunteer trustees with skills ranging from ground engineering and landscape architecture through to commercial management and digital media. Due to an increasing demand on our time, we are looking appoint three additional, hands-on, volunteer trustees to the Board of Slow The Flow to lead on the following themes:
- Education – Improving and expanding our reach in to, and resources for education for all ages
- Funding – Ensuring that the organisation not only has sufficient income to be sustainable but also to fund NFM and SuDS projects throughout Calderdale and wider afield.
- Legal – Aspects of governance and contractual relationships will be top of your list on joining us.
Specific criteria (education)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating in an educational setting.
- Understanding of current curriculum and pedagogy in UK schools or colleges
- Experience of curriculum content development using mixed media
Specific criteria (funding)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully securing funding for projects
- Understanding of the current funding landscape
- Experience of successfully delivering funded projects
Specific criteria (legal)
- Demonstrable experience of legal matters relating to charities
- An appropriate legal qualification
- Understanding of the law as it applies to charities
What benefits can you expect in return?
- All Trustee positions are un-paid but out of pocket reimbursements will be provided
- Support of other Trustees and partners
- Be part of a forward thinking and altruistic team.
- Knowledge that you are helping people and businesses avoid flooding
Interested? Do you need more information?
Speak to a Trustee about the positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruitment pack can be downloaded and viewed below. Please complete this and we will be in touch with you.
Apply by sending us your CV, including information all relevant experience and skills with an accompanying letter saying why you want to be a trustee of Slow The Flow to email@example.com.
Closing date; 6th April 2021.
Interviews by Zoom by w/c; 19th April 2021. If you are unable to use Zoom, please let us know.
We welcome applications from people with diverse ethnic and social backgrounds and those with specific needs and disabilities as we strive to represent the communities that we live and work in. If you think you can make a significant and lasting contribution to the work of Slow The Flow, please get in touch with us.